Dear clients and business partners,
We would like to inform you about the following new measures adopted by the government in connection with coronavirus situation in the Czech Republic, called as a “liberation package” no. 3:
• Late submission of the income tax return 2019 as well as payment of the tax for 2019 will be tolerated for all individuals, if submission of the tax return and payment is no later than 18th August 2020.
• Late submission of the income tax return 2019 as well as payment of the tax for 2019 will be tolerated also for all legal entities with the exception of those under the Specialized Tax Office, if submission of the tax return and payment is no later than 18th August 2020.
• A waiver of penalty and late interest in cases of late filing of tax returns for real estate transfer tax and late payment of tax is applied. It is applicable to all situations where the deadline for filing of tax returns falls within the period from 31st March 2020 to 30th November 2020 provided, that that the tax return and payment will be effected no later than 31st December 2020.
• A waiver of penalty for late submission also applies to the employer’s annual payroll tax reconciliation for 2019 (in Czech “Vyúčtování srážkové daně”), if submitted till 31st May 2020.
• Tax Authority also waives administrative fees charged on requests for tax deferral or tax installment plan, request for waiver of late payment interest, request for waiver of penalty for failure to submit the VAT ledger upon Tax Administrator’s notification etc., if requests are submitted by 31st December 2020.